SQL Server Performance

error in installing 2nd instance on cluster (activeactive)

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Clustering' started by Amro, May 8, 2008.

1. Amro New Member

Hi;
    I hope somebody can help me, we have cluster in two nodes (active active) we install the first SQL 2005 instance, and it is working fine, but when we try to setup the second instance, we faced the following error:
    SQL Server Setup can't add user to local group
    and the setup faild
    the user account which we use has all the privileges that you can imagine and it is the same user account which we use in creating the first instance, and we tried to create new user and new group and it give us the same error, also we tried to create the second instance on the first node only and it gives us the same error
    what we should do?

2. MohammedU New Member

3. moh_hassan20 New Member

That is not real problem , i faced that problem before , and due to undocumented bug , microsoft recommend to copy the CD on the hard disk of the active node, and install from hard disk. The installation is done in the two servers with the necessary setting which is done automatically
    Be sure for the second instance: use named instance. if the first instance in node 1 as active node , start installing the second named instance on the node 2 as an active node, with new cluster group , new shared disk , new querum. use other domain user account for the second service.
    note: active / active = 2 active /passive
    i mean you do the same procedures as you did for the first active/passive cluster , but starting from the second node.
    try procedures in that excellent article:
    http://www.sql-server-performance.com/articles/clustering/cluster_sql_server_2005_p1.aspx