SQL Server Performance

Error in MDX query: The set in the WHERE clause cannot contain multiple measures.

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services' started by erajendar, Nov 28, 2007.

1. erajendar New Member

when I ran the below query i am getting the error:
    SELECT
    NON EMPTY Hierarchize({DrilldownLevel({[Geography].[Area].[All]})}) DIMENSION PROPERTIES PARENT_UNIQUE_NAME,[Geography].[Area].[Area].[Big Area] ON COLUMNS FROM [EPG SEF Perspective] WHERE ([Opportunity].[Opportunity Type].&[3],[Opportunity].[Workload Type].&[-1],[Measures].[Opty Count]) CELL PROPERTIES VALUE, FORMAT_STRING, LANGUAGE, BACK_COLOR, FORE_COLOR, FONT_FLAGS
    Error: The set in the WHERE clause cannot contain multiple measures. I guess this is due to [Workload Type].&[-1] in the above query. If i select other items whose ID's are 1, 2, etc. I am not getting any error
    Pls help me in resolving this.
    Thanks
  2. ranjitjain New Member

Hi,
    It seems you need to use tuple here, try this:
    SELECT NON EMPTY Hierarchize({DrilldownLevel({[Geography].[Area].[All]})}) DIMENSION PROPERTIES PARENT_UNIQUE_NAME,[Geography].[Area].[Area].[Big Area] ON COLUMNS FROM [EPG SEF Perspective] WHERE ([Opportunity].[Opportunity Type].&[3], ([Opportunity].[Workload Type].&[-1],[Measures].[Opty Count]) )
  3. erajendar New Member

Forgot to include one important info. I am actually connecting the cube from EXCEL Pivot.
    I traced the query and ran the SSMS. In either cases am getting the error.
    Thanks