SQL Server Performance

Error while launching SSMS - 2008

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 General DBA Questions' started by manikon, Oct 22, 2009.

1. manikon New Member

Hello everyone,
    I've installed Sql Server 2008 enterprise edition recently. It's installed successfully. However, while launching SSMS i'm getting the following error message and once i click OK I could work further. Why this error message coming? Will it create problem further?
    Error Msg:
    "The file %CommonDir%vslangproj80.olb could not be loaded. An attempt to repair the condition failed because the file could not be found.
    Please reinstall this program"
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Mani
  2. kishore_pen New Member

Insert the SQL Server 2008 DVD in your machine and repair it.
  3. satya Moderator

You could try using a SYSTEM RESTORE on that machine where you are getting the error.
  4. manikon New Member

This problem is not resolved even after running repair process also
  5. johnson_ef Member

HI Mani,What I understood from this is, Microsoft Visual Studio Project Model DLL or .olb is not installed peroperly. Since you tried repair and it didn's succeed, you can try to register this DLL or olb separately. These DLLs and .olb files are available in sites. Once such location is http://www.dofiles.reohix.com/main.php?dir=./OLB%20FilesBut I am not sure about the authenticity since this not from Microsoft site. Did you check the install log file, which give you any indications of any type of failures/warnings.Regards-Johnson