SQL Server Performance

EventID 12291 on Data collection jobs.

Discussion in 'ALL SQL SERVER QUESTIONS' started by David_W, Jun 6, 2012.

1. David_W New Member

Hi i have a strange issue, i have setup the inbuilt data collection jobs on one of my SQL 2008 R2 servers. it's writing back to another SQL server. i have noticed that every now and again maybe once or twice a week the collection set1 noncached and upload step will fail. like it failed yesterday at 3am but has been running fine since then. i get the above eventid logged in the windows event log. i've done some reading around and this eventid suggests a permissions issue but i would think if this was the case it should fail no matter what not once or twice a week.

Any ideas?
  2. Shehap MVP, MCTS, MCITP SQL Server

Such incident might closely correlate to connectivity circumstances between the source SQL instance running on it MDW (Management data warehousing ) or UMDW (utility MDW ) and that destination instance , thereby you have to check on this through the below assumptions by the same order

· Telnet the port used of destination SQL Server instance

· If fine , check the privileges assigned for jobs owner of MDW or UDMW

· If fine, check the DNS of destination if changed that might change connection string as well

· If all of things above are going fine, you might configure an alias for destination SQL instance using Cliconfg.exe under Run >>>Alias >>>Add >>select TCP/IP from network library where you could use put a server alias for the connection string or may let them equivalent >>>>then assign static port

This last action is just to identify Cleary network protocol used to connected some specific SQL instance in order to cut off time consumed to figure out used network Protocols for connection either TCP/IP, IPX, shared, named pipes or VIA..….etc that end up eventually with some outage issues

Please work out them and let me know your feedback
  3. shivashankara New Member

I am Sorry
    I am trying to create a new thread from yesterday but i am getting error message
    What my question is:

E-Mail Delivery in SSRS, is it possible?

What i need is: i need a way to e-mail a message to individual users or groups after subscription report that please go and check the report in portal.

In the mail i don't want to attach the report and even i don't want to attach URL Link in it, i just want to send a message to a group of users that go and check the report in portal.

Please let me know how to do this? Thank you
  4. David_W New Member

Hi, see the attached image.

I don't think it's permissions or protocal related as it will just randomly fail once every couple of days. and no not always at 6PM.