SQL Server Performance

Execute PK.ZIP in Process Task to zip files done it before in DST 2000 but struggling to do it in SSIS.

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by Ismailc, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Ismailc New Member

Hi, Execute PK.ZIP in Process Task to zip files done it before in DST 2000 but struggling to do it in SSIS. I've posted this in another forum as well and was informed to move the post to this forum.
    DTS 2000
    win 32 : \srvb8-z163SoftwarePKZippkzip.exe

parameters : "\srvb8-z163sourceDaily Sales.zip" \srvb8-z163sourceDaily Sales.xls
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SSIS
    Executable : PKZIP.EXE
    Argumants : "\srvb8-z163sourceDaily Sales.zip" "\srvb8-z163sourceDaily Sales.xls2"
    Working Directory (Location of the PKZIP.EXE) : \Srvb8-z163SoftwarePKZip
    StandardInputvariable : (blank)
    StandardOutputvariable : (blank)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The component indicates error and does not execute.
    Please help, Thank You - Nobody in our dept done this before so the net is my only help.
    Regards,
  2. satya Moderator

I;m not entirely comfortable to suggest to use PKZIP within a SQL server process, rather you could run as a windows scheduler job to unzip the contents and then perform remaining SSIS actions using SQL processes.
    By default PKZIP goest to the TEMP directory on the specified server and ensure the relevant account runnign this package has privileges to do so.
  3. Ismailc New Member

Thank You Satya for your reply.
    I was successful in solving it via the help of a previous post by Dineshasanka
    arguments : "\srvb8-z163sourceDaily Sales.zip" "\srvb8-za163sourceDaily Sales.xls
    Many Thanks

Regards, Ismail
  4. satya Moderator

True and I found that on your other post, appreciate your feedback here.
  5. nrevanth New Member

better to pin the threads for control flow tasks which will help beginners alot
  6. satya Moderator

You mean merge the threads or join the 2 threads together, it is not possible on certain API that are used here. Until now only referring other thread helps.