SQL Server Performance

Failure when upgrading cluster to SQL 2008 CU7

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 General DBA Questions' started by amara, Oct 18, 2010.

1. amara Member

Friends,
    I am trying to update SQL Server 2008 CU7 on a 2 node cluster which has 6 instances running on it. When I try to extract the CU7 file(SQLServer2008-KB979065-x64.exe), its getting extracted to a cluster drive.
    When I start the installation, when the SQL Server goes down, the setup files are not accessible and the CU7 upgrade is failing, I just googled about this and found the following solution. They advise us to take the resource group offline in the cluster and then try to extract the files so that the setup files get copied to C Drive.
    http://sqlserverpedia.com/blog/sql-...e-when-upgrading-cluster-to-sql-2008-sp1-cu7/
    Is there any way to manually extract the setup files(using command prompt or something else).
    Other instances are already upgraded to CU7.
    I have the downtime in the production tomorrow. Please help me out in this regard
  2. deepakontheweb New Member

check if you enough space in C or D local drives.Change exe file locationyup, if both are not working... take the disk offline where exe is extracting file; it will auto change the location. once extraction is done..bring disk resource online before starting upgrade.