SQL Server Performance

Full Text Service getting failed on one node of SQL Cluster

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Clustering' started by s_nandan81, Mar 17, 2008.

1. s_nandan81 New Member

Hello

I’m having a problem with the fulltext search service.

System

§ ActiveActive SQL2K SP2 Cluster

§ Win2K SP3

The full text of one of the nodes stopped working on both cluster nodes, the other search service is up and running on both cluster nodes.

The underline mssearch service is working fine on both nodes.I started facing this issue after upgrading disk on SQL Cluster and i changed service account from Local Service to Domain account and give Local Admin prevalge to this account.

Whenever I try to start the service I get the following error in the event
    log

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: Microsoft Search

Event Category: Gatherer

Event ID: 3055

Date: 1/12/2003

Time: 6:34:28 AM

User: N/A

Computer: SQL2

Description:

The Gatherer property mapping file cannot be opened. Error: 80070002. The
    default values are being used. You may have to copy the property mapping
    file from the setup CD, or reinstall the application.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Microsoft Search

Event Category: Gatherer

Event ID: 10006

Date: 1/12/2003

Time: 6:34:28 AM

User: N/A

Computer: SQL2

Description:

An error occurred during the online operation for instance : 80070002 - The system cannot find the file specified.

I have already checked the KB article
    (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B304282) and did not get the key mentaioned in the article but security setting seems to be okay on both node.

ANY Other Idea ??????????/

Please help I really don’t want to reinstall the SQL service

Thanks
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forum!
    What is the service pack level on the SQL SERVER?
    Also this sounds like the dataconfig directory for the SQL server full text application is not on disk at the location specified. SQL engine ensures this mapping file is the first file it is trying to read, though, there is no specific use for this file in SQL and also other files in this directory that are most likely missing and not reported. such as noise files and the fulltext schema file.

I believe one of the KBA refers the following solution:
    1) One workaround is to copy the FTDATA config directory(FTDATASQLServer*.*) from another SQL instance, and take the instance offline/online.

NOTE: The FTDATA config (FTDATASQLServerConfig) directory is under the SQL install path, so it should be on the shared disk. Most likely it is the registry key that has an incorrect value.

2) Using Regedt32, edit the following Register key and value:
    HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftSearch1.0Gathering ManagerApplicationsSQLServer
    (REG_SZ) ApplicationPathConfiggatherprm.txt

NOTE: After making this Registry change, you should failover. There are additional files that MSSearch requires in this folder. Additionally, you may have to grant the Cluster Service account explicit.
    As you have checked the permissions still better to ensure that Full Control to the above ApplicationPath's FTDATA folder for the SQL services account.
    For the above registry changes ensure to test them before than directly applying on the live systems.
  3. s_nandan81 New Member

Thanks Satya,
    We have SP4 Installed on SQL Server 2000. OS version is Windows 2003 64bit Enterprise edition.All noise and config file is there on same path which configured for Full Text Service. I did not try to copy all config file yet because its live box and I cannot take it off at present.Before going ahead for copying config file from other SQL Server instance, do we need to copy it from any server (does it matter its named instance or default instance)?When I am going to find out registry value mentioned in KB, I am not getting in registry. (On both nodes where this service running fine) Please suggest if another way to fix it...... (I can’t reinstall SQL server) Regards,Nandan Pandey