SQL Server Performance

HELP, Linking Tables in a view

Discussion in 'General Developer Questions' started by pharoah35, Jul 23, 2003.

1. pharoah35 New Member

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen

I am having some trouble linking data in a view. I was hoping
    someone could help me.

I have the following Tables with the following fields.

Table: SB, Field: Serial#
    Table: IDEAS, Field: DESC
    Table: HSTRY_LINE, Field: DP#
    Table: HSTRY_HEAD, Fields: TERR#, CUST#, SHIP-DATE

I need to create a view which will display the corresponding data from each Table listed above. I am having trouble getting the correct result. Could you good people help please.

Thanks in advance
    opharoah_35
  2. gaurav_bindlish New Member

Moved article from General DBA Questions.

Post the code for the view and then may be we can help.

Gaurav
    Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard
  3. pharoah35 New Member

Thanks for your responce. I will provide as much information as I can.

Table: SB, Field: Serial# (Contains the Serial Number of the item purshased.

Table: IDEAS, Field: DESC (Contains the description of the item purshased.

Table: HSTRY_LINE, Field: DP# (Contains the part number of the item purshased.

Table: HSTRY_HEAD, Field: TERR#, CUST#, SHIP-DATE (Contains the Territory number, Customer number & Ship-Date of the item purshased.

I need to link the Serial# to the Description, Territoty number, Customer number & Ship-date per item based on Territory number (TERR#). This is the information I need to see in the view and/or a stored proceedure. (But given that I am new to SQL) I am not familar with stored proceedures.

I hope this provided the information you need in order to assist me with this problem.

Thanks in advance
    pharoah35
  4. gaurav_bindlish New Member

What is the link between these tables? Are you missing any columns? Post the code for the complete tables as well.

Gaurav
    Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard
  5. vbkenya New Member

Speculation:

The link could most likely be the Item serial# from pharaohs short description. Use a join (inner or outer as appropriate) on the Serial# between the tables and filter on the Territory#.

Nathan H.O.
    SQL-Server-Performance.com