SQL Server Performance

help needed in implementing mirroing

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring' started by cmrhema, Apr 2, 2008.

1. cmrhema New Member

Hi, I underwent the following Steps for creating a mirror in sql server 2005.
    1. Downloaded and isntalled sp2 in principal,mirror as well as witness servers
    2. Created a new database named it as FinalMirror
    3. Right clicked on the database Tasks-backup-BackupType--Full--Ok created FinalMirror.bak
    4. Right clicked on the database Tasks-backup-BackupType--Transactional Log--Ok created FinalMirror-Transaction Log Backup
    5. Copied this finalmirror.bak from my system to the Mirror Server. It was stored in the Principal server in the following location C:program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL.1MSSQLBackup
    6. Right click on Mirror Server Database--Restore Database --Manually wrote down the ToDatabase
    7. Selected from device option and selected the added copied backup file
    8. Performed a restore --select the relevant backup--checked the checkbox on restore
    9. On the left panel selected the Options and choosed NO RECOVERY (In the mirror database its displayed as FinalMirror(restoring))
    10.performed mirroring and for witness unchecked the "encrypt option" Mirroring on process but after I click the start mirroring button the whole tab just vanishes off without displaying anything in the Mirror server the database is shown as FinalMirror(In Recovery) .
    or I get an error "Error 1418 The server network address cannot be reached"
    i.e in the status box it is still displayed no configured for mirroring
    11. I cannot open the databse in the mirrored component. Also its written(In Recovery)
    where am i going wrong
    please help
    regards cmrhema
  2. ghemant Moderator

3. cmrhema New Member

Tried out norecovery also Hemant, but to no avail.
    secondly intially in the mirror server after restoring the database with no recovery option i have (In the mirror database its displayed as FinalMirror(restoring))
    I continue to mirror with configure security
    but after I click the start mirroring button i get the 1418 error
    The server network address "TCP://as.sdf:5022" can not be reached or does not exist.
    and in the Mirror server the database is shown as FinalMirror(In Recovery)

which should not be the case.
    where am i going wrong
    regards
    cmrhema
  4. ghemant Moderator

5. cmrhema New Member

I followed your link hemant, but when i ran the command
    netstat -abn, i saw my port along with others.
    but we have around 80 computers in our office
    there were some ipaddress which i could not locate.
    but none of my colleauges ip was found
    what should be my next step
    regards
    cmrhema
  6. ghemant Moderator

netstat command which is referred in the document will give you more insight of the connection established from your system to other using which port, it also gives you detailed information for the ports that are open on your system.
  7. cmrhema New Member

checked out the netstat command.
    None of my collagues server could be open in the port, when i give the command to connect the next server, it does not get connected
    How to connect to new port throught netstat looking for it. but cannot get it yet
    regards
    cmrhema