SQL Server Performance

Help needed in using SSIS checkpoints along with Custom error logs

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by surr79, Feb 9, 2009.

1. surr79 New Member

I am trying to migrate the existing logic implemented in DTS package to SSIS. Currently DTS package is using ActiveX script tasks to restart the package from the point where it was stopped when there were errors and also it uses execute sql task to insert error status into DB when any of the tasks failed. I got to know that there is an option called Checkpoints using which i can restart SSIS package from the point where it got failed. But my issue is that, the task is getting stopped when it fails and do not execute the custom error task which will write the error meessage to my preferred table. I understand that the package will stop execution the moment any task fails as per the checkpoint logic. How ever, If I stick to Checkpoint usage, Is there any way to restart the package from the point where it got stopped (in case of errors) and also to use my custom error logic (to get error status in my table)? I don't want to use SSIS package's builtin error logs which will write the error details to it's own table.
  2. satya Moderator