SQL Server Performance

help with this scenario on DB mirroring

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring' started by avipenina, Dec 24, 2007.

1. avipenina New Member

Hi,
    I'm about to implement a DB Mirroring on my production server.and i'm wondering about the scenario what will happen if.
    1. if my primary server suddenly die.how i can operate the mirror DB without losing data?
    2. when the primary server comes to life, how i make the primary server to lead again with the DB Mirroring?(do i need to recreate all procedures of DB Mirroring again)
    3. how can i be sure that the DB mirroring is indeed mirrored on the drp server?
    4. what about alerting - can i be notified via email if the DB Mirroring isn't sync? or if the drp server is down and other issues that can be occur .
    Thx
  2. satya Moderator

1. It will not have capability to work on primary server, based on the configuration settings the mirror will become primary at this point of time to cater the application processes.
    2. It depends if you want to revert the primary to this server once it is backup, again on the automatic failover configuration it will happen automatically.
    3. Look at the Database Mirroring monitor in this regard.
    4. You should keep an alerting mechanism such as using tools to alert on such errors, database mirroring doesn't play any role on this one.
    Further details you can get from my presentation on http://sqlserver-qa.net/blogs/bc/ar...rroring-by-ssqa-in-sql-server-open-world.aspx