SQL Server Performance

High Latency

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Replication' started by ramkumar.mu, May 18, 2009.

1. ramkumar.mu New Member

Hi All,
    On Friday we configured Transactional Replication for one Publisher/Distributor and 2 Subscribers in production. We configured Replication for 3 Databases DB1 (70 GB), DB2 (1 GB) and DB3 (27 MB)
    The initial Snapshot was sync without any problems. But, there is latency (14 hrs) in Replication today that is setup for DB1 (70 GB). totally 10 tables were set up for replication from this database and one table is around 30 GB. This table is indexed heavily (9 NC indexes with no Clust Index)
    Last week, we tested the same replication in development environment and it was running fine without latency. Not sure where to investigate since i am new to replication. Please guide me.
    Let me know if you need any more details
  2. moh_hassan20 New Member

For the production servers, do you implement replication within LAN or WAN?
    if WAN what technology and speed ?
    It is prefered (not for replication only) to use clustered index for PK indexes for performance, but index is not replicated. It should be maintained for every publisher/subscriber.
    investigate in the replication monitor , the history of agent, may you find network problems.
  3. satya Moderator

Is that development environment has similar number of rows as per the production?
  4. ramkumar.mu New Member

Yes! We took a backup of production and simulated.
    Publisher and Subscribers are connected via WAN.