SQL Server Performance

High performance mode question

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring' started by hernan93, Aug 7, 2007.

1. hernan93 Member

Hello everybody,
    In high performance mode, the principal and mirror servers work asynchronously. The principal server does not wait for acknowledgement from the mirror server, what happens if the mirror server can not redo a transaction that previously has been commited on the primary server??
    Thank you.
    Hernàn.
  2. MohammedU New Member

In case of failover (primary server crashes) under certain situations you may loose some transactions otherwise every thing should be fine...
  3. satya Moderator

Problems on the mirror server never impact the principal server. On the loss of the principal server, the mirror database is marked DISCONNECTED but is available as a warm standby.
  4. hernan93 Member

Hi guys, I appreciate your answers, but I think this isn't the response I was expecting. In my example, both the principal and the mirror server are online, but a transaction that was commited on the principal server can't be redo in the mirror server... continues the the mirror server working with wrong data??
  5. sunilmadan New Member

I guess this would cause mirroring session to fail.
  6. satya Moderator

In what cases you would expect to stop that transaction to apply on mirror?
    You have to explain further about such scenario, from the first question it sounds like mirror server is out of network or so and as referred the redo queue will be enlarged with mismatch of LSNs in thsi case. q