SQL Server Performance

How do i check the SQL Server licence mode?

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by Trev256, May 30, 2008.

1. Trev256 New Member

Hi - does anyone know how to check the SQL Server licence mode (for all versions) e.g. per seat or processor?
    Can this be easily located in the Registry?
    Thanks
  2. Ola Hallengren New Member

3. Trev256 New Member

The result is 'DISABLED' - What does this mean?
  4. Luis Martin Moderator

LicenseTypeMode of this instance of SQL Server.
    PER_SEAT = Per-seat mode
    PER_PROCESSOR = Per-processor mode
    DISABLED = Licensing is disabled.
    Base data type: nvarchar(128)
  5. Trev256 New Member

How do I change the licence mode?
  6. satya Moderator

7. nandan.pandey New Member

Hi,
    I am also looking for the same, but that forum mentioned by you does not work for me. Does it work for any one?
    Thanks,
    Nandan
  8. satya Moderator

Can you explain a bit more on the problem?
  9. nandan.pandey New Member

Hi Satya,
    I have a mixed environment of SQL server, in which I have few SQL Server 2000 server and few SQL Server 2005 Servers. For auditing purpose we need to track the licensing information. In SQL server 2000, I am able to get information quite easily through Control panel, but there is no way to get same kind of information for SQL Server 2005. As someone mentioned the link for configure registry setting for SQL server 2005
    http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlblog/archive/2006/11/10/tracking-license-information-in-sql-2005.aspx . I have already tried it but it did not work for me.
    Any help on it is really appreciated.
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Regards,
    Nandan Pandey
  10. satya Moderator

Have you restarted the server after that registry hack?
  11. nandan.pandey New Member

Yes, I restarted the SQL Service as well as Reboot the Server. But no luck [:(]
  12. satya Moderator

Are you able to see same kind of registry path on yoru SQL 2005 installation server?