SQL Server Performance

how do I mirgate data from 1 RS to another

Discussion in 'SQL Server Reporting Services' started by jon230873, May 3, 2004.

1. jon230873 New Member

We have RS on a server that is playing up so I wanted to move it to another server. I thought I would be able to install it on the new server then shut the database down and copy the old one over the new one. When I do this I get all kinds of errors. The old sever is 2003 the new one is W2k.
  2. chstout New Member

Jon,

Did you have any luck with this? I'm trying to do something similar, and I can't find too many resources for Reporting Services. I can't deploy my reports the "normal" way through Visual Studio because my production machine is locked down. What I'm looking for is a way to develop the reports locally with a development DB, and move them over to the production reporting server. Any suggestions?
  3. harsh_sr New Member

Maybe someone else has a better solution.

I think the alternate solution will be redeploy the reports to new server. Try doing it for 1-2 reports & see if it works. I dont think it'll not take much time to deploy the reports again once you change the server path etc.

Harsh