SQL Server Performance

How do I update the SQL Server 2008 to include the studio?

Discussion in 'Windows Server Forum' started by Zhang, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Zhang New Member

How do I update the SQL Server 2008 to include the studio?
    Here is what I currently have on my machine:
    [IMG]
    I assume I am supposed to clidk on "SQL Server Installation Center"
    From there I get this window:
    [IMG]
    and I assume I am supposed to click on the first item on the right side, "New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation". Is this right?
    When I do this, I am asked to "Browse For Folder" but every folder I have picked so far has been denied. What do I do?
  2. MichaelB Member

yes. the first item. later down the wizard you will be able to select what items you want to install. It can be the client tools without the database server components or the whole thing. up to you. Be sure to select the Business Development Studio. that will come in handy!
  3. Zhang New Member

You miss the point, right away the first thing that this action produces is a window asking me where
    for the location of the SQL Server 2008 Installation Media.
    [IMG]

Using the existing shortcut icons in the startup menu as a guide, I have found that the installation program
    is:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Release\x64\LandingPage.exe"
    [IMG]

So I navagate to this location:
    [IMG]
    but when I try this, I get an error:
    [IMG]

next, I try the "Patch" directory and I also get an error:
    [IMG]

So, which directory will work?
  4. MichaelB Member

that is not your installation media...that is where you have installed it before. as it says, this is not a valid installation folder. normally that is on a network drive. Talk with your IT department who helped you install previously.
  5. Luis Martin Moderator

You have to do what Michael said in his first post.
  6. satya Moderator

...Further you have to uninstall the relevant programs on current machine in order to do the install afresh.
  7. satya Moderator

...Further you have to uninstall the relevant programs on current machine in order to do the install afresh.
  8. satya Moderator

9. Luis Martin Moderator

Don't forget: 3 times.:p
  10. flavio New Member

hello, I had this same problem after deleting the data base of Sharepoint on my windows server standard. When I try to open sharepoint, it says that is not setup yet, so when I tried to setup it by the wizard, it asked me the name of the sql server, however it can not be found. Then, I tried to create a new one, but I was not able due the same issue: "is not a valid installation folder". Is there some way to find out the correctly directory ?
  11. Super Jason New Member

[FONT=宋体]How to solve my problems of [/FONT]backup ReportSever ReportServer TempDB for success and recovery, but when I tried to restore the encryption keys from SQL 2000 [FONT=宋体]cheap hockey jerseys[/FONT][FONT=宋体] [/FONT]I get this error.Please advice.
    Find version is "c. 0.6.43".The desired version is "147".In Microsoft. ReportingServices. WmiProvider. RSWmiAdmin (rsInvalidReportServerDatabase).In Microsoft. ReportingServices. WmiProvider. RSWmiAdmin ThrowOnError (ManagementBaseObject mo).EncryptedBytes RestoreEncryptionKey (Byte [], string password) ReportServicesConfigUI. WMIProvider. RSReportServerAdmin.EncryptedBytes RestoreEncryptionKey (Byte [], string password)
    Microsoft. ReportingServices. WmiProvider.WMIProviderException: the report server database version is invalid format, or you can't read.