SQL Server Performance

How restore a database ?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by carrascojg, Aug 25, 2008.

1. carrascojg New Member

Dear Friends, I had purchased the book "Expert SQL Server Integration Services", ISBN: 978-0-470-13411-5.
    I had download the code from the site www.wrox.com, and this code contain an database example. But, i can't restore database from sql server 2005.
    Can anybody help me?
    Thank's
  2. ghemant Moderator

what steps did you follow while restoring backups!! Please refer BOL for backup
  3. carrascojg New Member

I'm just using the sql server 2005 wizart, you know right click on database and restore... but this is no the way to do the job....
    The databse i wanna get is Adventure works for sql server 2005. Do you know where i can find it ? I mean the link...
    Thank's
  4. ghemant Moderator

5. carrascojg New Member

Dear Friends, I had purchased the book "Expert SQL Server Integration Services", ISBN: 978-0-470-13411-5.
    I had download the code from the site www.wrox.com, and this code contain an database example. But, i can't restore database from sql server 2005.
    Can anybody help me?. The last posts doesn't work!
    Thank's
  6. Luis Martin Moderator

Could you describe step by step what are you doing to restore database?
  7. carrascojg New Member

1- Entro a www.wrox.com/
    2- Voy a Code Resources -> Download Code -> Expert Sql Server 2005 Integration Services
    3- Bajo "All code from the book". Descomprimo el archivo 9780470134115_code.ZIP.
    4- El codigo del .ZIP hace referencia a una B.D. para restaurar llamada SSISOps.bak
    Como entro a SQL Server 2005 y cargo esa B.D. a mi instancia ? Para que el codigo SSIS pueda usarla.
    Saludos
  8. Luis Martin Moderator

I'm sorry but I have to continue in English. There is one place to write in Spanish.
    Well,
    1) Open SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio), connect to you instance, write click on databases, restore.
    2) Find SSISOps in your PC, check in options if data and log path match your folders. If not, change to valid path.
    That is all.