SQL Server Performance

how to increase performance - small website too slow

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Performance Tuning for DBAs' started by giovanni.mascia, Sep 4, 2008.

1. giovanni.mascia New Member

I have a webapp in Asp.net 1.1 with SqlServer 2005 Express Edition.It's a typical small website with 1.000 registered users and 100 articles (most textual) published.This thing is on a Pentium 4 single-processor machine with 512mb of RAM which hosts both the SQL and the IIS.The site has only 600 unique visits per day.The problem is, it's getting really really slow and I cannot figure out why. I made a list of thing to improve performance:- Using a DB connection pool- Upgrade from SQL Express to the standard edition- Using Asp.net cache to serve faster most popular contents- Upgrade the RAM- Moving SQL on another machine- Get more bandwithWhat do you think?With those little numbers I thought that even a porly designed app (without caching, connection pools, etc.) and with a basic hardware could work.Thans for your helpGiovanni
  2. preethi Member

I vaguely rememer answering the same question. If you are still waiting for an awswer please let us know :)