SQL Server Performance

How to set up mirroring for multiple databases on server using a certificate

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring' started by apoukishsa, Mar 12, 2008.

1. apoukishsa New Member

I was successful in setting up a certificate to mirror one database between a prinicipal, mirror, and witness server. I know want to mirror more databases on the principal server. How do I setup mirroring for the additional databases on the prinicipal server? I'm under the assumption you have only have one certificate for mirroring. If anyone has any advise, I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forum!
    Creating a mirror database requires restoring a recent backup of the principal database (using WITH NORECOVERY) on the mirror server instance. It also requires taking one or more log backups after the full backup and restoring them in sequence to the mirror database (using WITH NORECOVERY). For more information, see /msdn.microsoft.com/mshelp" />How to: Prepare a Mirror Database for Mirroring (Transact-SQL).... under bOoks online.
    As referred in Books online - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191140.aspx to follow.