SQL Server Performance

i am lost

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by nana, May 8, 2008.

1. nana New Member

Hello all,
    i dont know if i am in the right place or no, but i want any one to help me, i am lost i dont know where to place my post if any one know the right url to place my post on it, please send it to me or if i am in the right place please give me help on:
    I am trying to upload a picture using my form, which is written in html. I also have a database created using mySQL. I am connecting the form (html page) with the database using php.
    The form should allow me to add records of people along with their pictures. does anyone know how to store whole image as a BLOB and not just the url of the image.
    Also is it possible to link to the database via the html itself and not php?
    Thank you all in advance
  2. Adriaan New Member

Your question has already been addressed in another thread. Again: this forum is not the right place to ask questions about the MySQL database platform.
    Do a Google search to find MySQL forums ...
  3. satya Moderator

SQL Server and MySQL are different to each other, as suggested have a look around www.dbforums.com for all your doubts in MySQL.
    (this thread is locked)
  4. FrankKalis Moderator

[quote user="nana"]
    Hello all,
    i dont know if i am in the right place or no, but i want any one to help me, i am lost i dont know where to place my post if any one know the right url to place my post on it, please send it to me or if i am in the right place please give me help on:
    I am trying to upload a picture using my form, which is written in html. I also have a database created using mySQL. I am connecting the form (html page) with the database using php.
    The form should allow me to add records of people along with their pictures. does anyone know how to store whole image as a BLOB and not just the url of the image.
    Also is it possible to link to the database via the html itself and not php?
    Thank you all in advance
    [/quote]
    Have you tried a web search? [;)]
    Many useful examples out there. For example: http://www.anyexample.com/programming/php/php_mysql_example__image_gallery_(blob_storage).xml
    As for your second question: No, I think you always need some additional language to connect HTML to a database.

5. nana New Member

hi ;
    thank you very much for your help it was very good ,but to make it more clear i would like my website users to upload thier picture when at the same time of filling the registertion form to my website becuase i did the user id as auto increment and there is no way of running the query for thier picture without thier id . so what i need to be able to view my website users along with thier picture.
    thank you all in advance
  6. satya Moderator

You are explaining the business rule, but not the technology you want to use?
  7. nana New Member

hi'
    i am using html form and mysql database, thannk you and i realy want my website users to see their pictuers.
    thank you
  8. Adriaan New Member