SQL Server Performance

image column

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by kcrocks, Aug 7, 2008.

1. kcrocks New Member

hi,
    i have a column, which has the path for the image,but not the image nor the url, i have the path in that column which goes to the image, so please tell me away in which i can use the column to pull out the image into the report. the path shows something like this "d:mypicturesqlserver2005datajump.jpg"
    please tell me how i use the column which has th epath to pull the image into the report. as far as i know, if i use the image item, we have the embedded,project,database,url so which one do i have to use. my image changes for different values. i think i cannot use the url option, because it needs a url which is ofcourse starts with htttp: and then i cannot use the embedded an dthe project since the image is not constant it is dynamic it varies depending on the values, i cannot use the database because it is accepting the column which has the path but not the image, but it needs a column which is of image DATATYPE.? please help me, i am unable to work things.
  2. dineshasanka Moderator

i think this is not possible. you need to upload images to the reportmanager in order to diplay them
  3. kcrocks New Member

hi, thank you for leting me know that.
    but how am i supposed to upload the images to the report manager.
    please do let me know.
    thanks a lot............
  4. satya Moderator