SQL Server Performance

Import Export in SQL 2008

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 Performance Tuning for DBAs' started by Anubhuti, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Anubhuti New Member

Hi,
    I have recently upgraded from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008.
    To support legacy applications, I need to export data to MS Access.
    The table export is taking several hours now, whereas it used to get completed within Minutes in SQL 2005.
    Can you suggest a solution.
  2. MohammedU New Member

Welcome to the forum....
    Did you update the stats after upgrade? if not update it...
    Try running the query in Query window and see how much time it is taking?
    If you have upgraded to different server then check if you have any network issues...
  3. Anubhuti New Member

Hi,
    Thanks for your advice. It seems to have worked.
    I shrank the Log File after restroing the .bak file and then updated the statistics.
  4. Anubhuti New Member

Hi,
    I have another problem now, I get the following error messages when I Import a table to Access from SQL 2008.
    Executing (Warning)Messages Warning: Preparation SQL Task 1: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. (SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Warning: Preparation SQL Task 1: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. (SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Could you please be kind to explain me the problem.
  5. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    Have you upgraded same SQL Instance or is it a different instance?
    If it is a different instance than the 2005 source then then check network connectivity between 2008 & MS Access machine has no issues.
    Also what is the service pack level on SQL Serve after the upgrade?