SQL Server Performance

Import/Export

Discussion in 'SQL Server DTS-Related Questions' started by issolla, May 12, 2003.

1. issolla New Member

I would like to know 2 things.

1. How do I schedule Import/Export Process. I have two servers. One at my local and other is remore. I want to update my local database everyday using DTs schedule.This DTS schedule from local database to another local database is working. But from remore to local database is not working. I could not able to start my SQL server agent at the remore location. It is giving 1722, RPC server is unavailable error. If I do it manually, this process is happening. How do i do this?

2. I would like to know is there any thinng like incremental import/export? I dont want to import the entire data. I want to import only updated data. By doing this can I save time?

Thanks in advance
  2. gaurav_bindlish New Member

1. What is the authentication under which SQL Server Agent is running at the remote server? For accessing resources over the network, the SQL Server Agent should run under some domain user and password which is recognised by this server.

2. The logic for handling the incremental update has to be coded manually in the DTS Package Sp's.

HTH.

Gaurav
  3. satya Moderator

Make sure both the server's SQL Services account has necessary privileges to access over the network.

_________
    Satya SKJ
  4. issolla New Member

The authontication is default "sa" and no password. This is happening if i do it manually.
  5. gaurav_bindlish New Member

By authentication, I mean what is the security account under which services are started. Look for the start up account by looking at properties of service MSSQLSERVER and SQL SERVER AGENT in the services snap in. This should be some domain user and not local user.

Gaurav
  6. satya Moderator

First of all assign secure password to SA account.
    And connect the server using TCP/IP as a default network library, look under Client network utility.

_________
    Satya SKJ