SQL Server Performance

Index Tuning Wizard Error

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for DBAs' started by dsdba, Apr 25, 2008.

1. dsdba New Member

sir,
    while running ITW for sql 2000 it show me error in executing sql statment and logged following event in event viewer:-The description for Event ID ( 4 ) in Source ( ITW ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
    Error in Parsing Event:
    declare @P1 int
    set @P1=0
    exec GETSTOCKLEDGER 'Sep 1 2006 12:00:00:000AM', 'Sep 30
    I have tried this with many option i am running sql 2000SE on windows 2003 enterprise edition.
    Any one having any ideas.....
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

Did you try to see execution plan in QA without problems?
  3. dsharma New Member

while selecting query from text data coloumn of trace table and running in query analyzer it show incorrect syntax error.
    by this error what i think the syntax of query in data coloumn is not complete but if i do same trace from sql 2k5 it shows complete sql query in text data coloumn.
    so, what is the reason for in complete query trapped in trace table while using sql 2k with sp4 on windows 2k3(sp2).
    looking forward for postive support....
    thanks in advance....
  4. Luis Martin Moderator

Are you the original poster or a new one?. If so, please create a new thread.
  5. dsharma New Member

i am original poster dsdba only i had forgot my password and cannot retreived the same.
  6. dsdba New Member

No answer.......