SQL Server Performance

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by venkateshwinx, Oct 30, 2008.

1. venkateshwinx New Member

Hi All,
    I am creating matrix reports in SSRS 2005. The report is properly viewed in report viewer control. But when clicking the Export to Pdf option it throws the Index out of range error. This error occurs only for a specific data been rendered in the report but could not find what is actually wrong in the data. Later i just modified the height of the report footer section in designer and deployed the file and ran the report , this time it worked out and generated pdf. But this error keeps repeating and everytime we have to change some areas of design on a trial and error basis and make it work. But this is not a permanent solution. Looking for a permanent solution i installed the latest SP2 for SQl 2005 based on a KB article in Microsoft site. But no luck even after doing that. Does any one have a permanent correct solution or this is still a bug in SSRS 2005 which Microsoft has to fix.
    Thanks in advance for all who can help me.

2. FCSCraig New Member

Have you found a solution for this problem yet? I've been all over the Internet and it appears this is quite common but I've yet to find an answer.
  3. arunyadav Member