SQL Server Performance

IndyTechFest 2007 a Huge Success

Discussion in 'Brad M McGehee' started by bradmcgehee, Oct 14, 2007.

1. bradmcgehee New Member

I just attended the first every IndyTechFest in Indianapolis, IN, on Saturday, October 13, 2007.
    This free, one-day event drew over 370 attendees, a great turn out for a first time event put on by the IndyPASS and IndyNDA user groups. There were over 25 presentations people could attend over 5 different tracks. I presented two sessions, including one on performance tuning tips and another on SQL Server backup strategies. While the focus of most of the sessions was on development, a lot of attendees are heavily involved with SQL Server as well.
    The event was first-class, probably the best organized volunteer code-camp I have ever attended. The main backers of the event were Brad Jones, Dave Leininger, John Magnabosco, Mark McClellan, and Bob Walker. In addition, about another 30 volunteers helped out. What was really impressive was the amount of free gifts that were given away. Over 150 books alone were give away as prizes, plus many other prizes, including an Xbox 360. Almost everyone who attended received some special gift. But of course, more important that the gifts were the presentations, where attendees learned about all aspects of Microsoft-based development, including SQL Server.
    I understand that they are planning another event next year. If you live within driving distance of Indianapolis, you should plan on attending, it will definitely be worth your while.
    To find out more, check out their website at: http://www.indytechfest.com/.
  2. Anonymous New Member

Pingback from Indy TechFest Post Mortem & Slides | Dave Bost