SQL Server Performance

Information about Tera data.

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side of Being a DBA' started by ZedanR, Jul 31, 2007.

1. ZedanR New Member

Hi,
    Can some one tell me about Tera data product and its future in coming days.
  2. satya Moderator

Its a broad question to ask about future of a third party product in SQL Server related forums, but I would like to ask what method you follow or intend to follow to perform the data warehousing process.
  3. ZedanR New Member

I am 6 year old in IT and have a good hand on SQL server administration now i have got good oppurtunity to work in Tera data technology.....now i am in dilema for what to do ? and want to know much about TD
  4. satya Moderator

If your current job role demands for chase for TD then go for it, don't think about the existence of the product.
    As of now I can see TD has got better life and leading in DW & Data mining technologies as compared to other products.
  5. ZedanR New Member

Thanks a lot Satya.
  6. satya Moderator

Don't forget to leave a feedback here if you have found something interesting than comparing to SQL Server ;-)
  7. FrankKalis Moderator

You know that they have a very good site on the internet? Also, check out the MS site. They are working together in some areas, iirc.
  8. Raulie New Member

It is odd you would inquire about Teradata on a SQL Server forum. Last few companies I've worked at use Teradata. Teradata is intended for high end data warehouse implementations, Walmart manages one of the biggest data warehouses in the world and runs off of it. It performs very well mostly do to its tight integration with the hardware, we are talking machines with 1000+ CPUs