SQL Server Performance

INSERT INTO with SELECT - Passing VARIBLES --HELP !!!!

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 T-SQL Performance Tuning' started by bu33ing, Dec 10, 2008.

1. bu33ing New Member

This is driving me NUTZ ----

SQL Server 2005 and PHP

the variable :t_id is being passed from other pages and works in other statements, but is not parsing within this statement.
    If I replace :t_id with say 30, it works just fine.
    I tried declaring a new variable and passing it to the statement, and get the same error.

define("TF_T_INFO_INSERET", "
    insert into TFT (WG_ID,task_id,tf_id)
    SELECT (select WGID from LU_T where TID= :t_id ), :t_id , (select max(TF_ID) from LU_TF);
    ");

------------output --------------

Performing an upload: insert into TFT (WG_ID,task_id,tf_id) SELECT (select WGID from LU_T where TID= :t_id ),:t_id ,(select max(TF_ID) from LU_T);
    Binding value :t_id to 30

------ ERROR ---
    An error was encountered while saving: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]COUNT field incorrect or syntax error (SQLExecute[0] at extpdo_odbcodbc_stmt.c:133)
    ----------------

Thanks
    B
  2. Adriaan New Member

Not sure that I understand the use of the colon in your syntax - that doesn't appear to be regular T-SQL usage.
    I assume you need to substitute the :t_id marker in the statement with its value. In that case, I would concatenate the value from the variable into the statement (don't forget to add string or date delimiters where appropriate).