SQL Server Performance

Install sql server 2008 developer over windows 7 professional

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 General DBA Questions' started by antonio.arciga, Jan 21, 2010.

1. antonio.arciga New Member

Greetings,In my laptop I had installed Windows Vista Ultimate, same that came factory installed.Mid-2009 to purchase the SQL Server 2008 Developer version and install it without problem. Now load in my laptop windows 7 professional and I need to install my sql server 2008 developer. I can not do the installation.I have read different material on the net about it, including information directly from Microsoft. I've tried about 12 different installations.I know Microsoft says that if I do not install SP1 SQL Server 2008 will have problems.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955725/esand follow the instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955392/Specifically the problem is that when I configure the accounts to start services. If I state that is installed with default accounts, everything looks good,and near the end sends me an error saying can not do because there is no user login and password,this situation occurs whenever I selected as one account as NT / System or NT / local or NT / network etc.. On the other hand, if I say that I use the account admnistrador Windows 7,tells me that the credentials are not valid. This process is run as administrator,I'm sure the administrator account has the correct roles and permissions and that the passwordmeets the same safety standards. Thanks for any help.
  2. jimdavis1026 New Member

Hi Antonio, I am having the same issue. I work all the way through the installation and at the end, there is an error that states that SQL Server is not compatible. The error message is not specific enough to explain what it is not compatible with. According to MS documentation it should work, just fine.
    I will watch for any answers to your question.
    Jim Davis[:(]
  3. MohammedU New Member

4. preethi Member

In Windows Vista & Windows 7 you need to explicitly add the domain users to SQL Server. Have you done that?
  5. johro10 New Member

I had the same problem, I could not install SQL Server 2008 Developer. I tried multiple times to install, even going so far as to slipstream a copy to SP1 and try the install, the results were the same.
    As a last resort before sending the software back, I tried one last option. I first tried just to install a single component, and wonder of wonders it worked. What I had to do to get it installed successfully was to install each component as a separate install, took a while but it finally installed all of the components successfully and is now working.
  6. preethi Member

Welcome to the forums. Thank you for the interesting contribution. Not sure why it has happened. May be MSFT need to give more attention to QA :)