SQL Server Performance

Installing with service account

Discussion in 'General Developer Questions' started by mjjones, Oct 28, 2008.

1. mjjones New Member

I want to install SQL2000 developers edition on windows XP with SP3 using a servicesql account. During the installation, i enter the username, password, and domain but i always receive this message when i try to continue:
    "The logon account cannot be validated for the SQL server service. Verify that the user name and password entered are correct. The logon attempt failed."
    If i choose Local system account the installation will let me continue. How can I go about installing SQL 2000 on this windows XP SP3 box. If it make a difference..this is a vmware VM.
  2. madhuottapalam New Member

I don't remember SQL Server 2000 installation screens. One workaround would be Install using Local SYstem account and once installed change the startup account(service account) from SERVICES.msc.
    Start -- Run -- Services.msc -- Select SQL Server service -->> properties -->> Logon and change the account.
    Madhu
  3. mjjones New Member

I tried what you sugested here but it did not work. The service wont start anymore and gives me an access denied error.