SQL Server Performance

IOPS on my sql server

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for Hardware Configurations' started by Bas10000, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Bas10000 New Member

We are trying to upgrade our network.
    For that we have to get GB ethernet of fiber.

Can someone tell me how i can see the IOPS on my SQL 7.0 server.

thanks

Bas
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

As far I know there is no counter with Performance Monitor to see that.
    May be trasactions per second will help, but wait for others members post.

Luis Martin
    SQL-Server-Performance.com

The views expressed here are those of the author and no one else. There are no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of anything presented here.
  3. gaurav_bindlish New Member

If this is a dedicated SQL server box, looking at counters under Network Interface should give you a fair amount of idea about the network usgae of SQL Server.

Gaurav
    Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard

The views expressed here are those of the author and no one else. There are no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of anything presented here.
  4. Luis Martin Moderator

Gaurav, Network Interface is a performance counter under SQ 7.0?.
    I see it under SQL2000.

Luis Martin

5. gaurav_bindlish New Member

I don't think it is related to SQL Server. It is a Windows Server Counter.

Gaurav
    Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard

6. satya Moderator

7. Luis Martin Moderator

Yes, Gaurav, my misstake. SQL 7.0 with NT was my problem.

Luis Martin

8. satya Moderator

I think IOPS counter can be seen if the hardware is in SAN/NAS environment.
    At our end I can't see on the normal H/w setup, only in one of the SAN setup.

Satya SKJ
    http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
    This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.