SQL Server Performance

Language Setting for a Field (Run Time)

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by rupeshpatel, May 27, 2009.

1. rupeshpatel New Member

Hello all,I am trying to set Language setting for a filed in my table dynamically. I have an expression which decides which language should be there for that field depending on the parameter passed...Code looks something similar to this.=iif(Parameters!Curr_Code.Value="USD","English (United States)", IIF(Parameters!Curr_Code.Value="GBP","English (United Kingdom)", "French"))When I run the report and pass "GBP" or "EUR", it gives me USD sign for currency. it is not giving me Pound or Euro sign for this currency field.If i set it static: Pound or Euro; then i am able to see Pound and Euro sign, but not the case with an expression.So, do i need to create separate report for separate currency!!!.. or is there any way we can generate report with different currencies by using parameters!!!!Anybody had this issue before? Thanks!!-RP
  2. Adriaan New Member

Most client apps will show you the currency symbol related to the OS's language setting, for any column defined as "currency".
    Yes, of course we need a true currency date type, including a varying symbol, plus the historical and current exchange rates - but then you don't get to program anymore.
  3. rupeshpatel New Member

Thank you Adriaan, yea, I couldn't find any help on that on web. Well, I found intermediate solution for this issue by having two separate columns for each language as i have two currency columns. and then setting visible property to true/false as per the passed parameters.Thanks for your reply though...-RP