SQL Server Performance

Large attachments in database mail

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring' started by rohan, Feb 25, 2009.

1. rohan New Member

HI , Everyone
    Please help me in dbmail while i sending a large attachment. it gives an error like this.
    "The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 8 (2009-02-25T09:22:58). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The operation has timed out.). )"
    Can anyone tell me how to solve this. i can send a mail with attachment upto 1mb but i cant more...
    please reply me..............
  2. arunyadav Member

EXECUTE msdb.dbo.sysmail_configure_sp
    'MaxFileSize', '1073741824' ;
  3. rohan New Member

Thnks mr. arunyadav
    for giving me reply.. but i have already change the filesize using system parameters (dabase mail wizard) . i dont know what to do ?
    the error is still coming like "The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 8 (2009-02-27T09:15:04). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The operation has timed out.). )"..... please ask your coligues too.. i dont found this answer yet..................... :(
  4. arunyadav Member

If you have already done this. Can you check if there are any rules in your Mail server to restrict attachment size. Just a thought..
  5. rohan New Member

hi , how can i check this. beacuse right now i m using the gmail account. (Gmail server) and if i m using my local smtpserver then how can i check the rules to restrict attachment size any options will be there ?????? please reply me..