SQL Server Performance

Legacy DTS permission for non-admin sql logins

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by sani, Apr 16, 2008.

1. sani New Member

Hi All,I have imported all of my DTS Packages from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 and Now They appear under the Legacy node under Management. I'm trying to give permission for some users to manage these packages and make their changes but users received:Only the owner of DTS Package ‘Package Name’ or a member of the sysadmin role may create new versions of it.Then I tried to give necessary permission to users to import DTS Packages themselves but it seems they have to have the following permissions:- Select Permission on SYSDTSPACKAGES in MSDB Database - Delete Permission on SYSDTSPACKAGES in MSDB Database - Update Permission on SYSDTSPACKAGES in MSDB Database The above permission are security risk so please let me know if there is another way regarding this issue?Regards,SA.
  2. MohammedU New Member

You can use sp_reassign_dtspackageowner procedure to change the ownership...
    If not you can grant the permissions to the following procedures instead of table...
    sp_add_dtspackage, sp_get_dtspackage, sp_enum_dtspackages, sp_dts_getpackage, sp_make_dtspackagename etc...in msdb