SQL Server Performance

Life Without the Information Superhighway

Discussion in 'EditorsBlog' started by shanetasker, Jan 20, 2009.

1. shanetasker New Member

Two friends of mine have been without Internet access for the past few days. One has been without Internet access due to an issue with their service provider and the other was starved of the 'information superhighway' as a result of moving house. I was having a chat with both of them today and it is amazing how in just over 10 years this technology has found its way into everyday activities from finding out what is on the television to working out how to convert pounds to kilograms. Although the Internet has become a key part of our day-to-day life I think it is even more entrenched in our professional lives.
    Think about the last time you came across an error in the SQL Server error log that you had not seen before and how you worked out what the issue was. More than likely part of the process was to use your search engine of choice to look for the error or perhaps you used a messaging client to ping a colleague about the problem. So would you be able to solve a problem if it wasn't for the Internet or are you simply reliant on someone else solving the problem for you?
    - Peter Ward