SQL Server Performance

Load Testing

Discussion in 'Performance Tuning for Hardware Configurations' started by iambhushan, Dec 13, 2005.

1. iambhushan New Member

Hi Everyone,
    A 30 user load on my application, the application performance is pretty bad. For example My query is running under 1 sec where there is a minimal load but when QA team is doing load testing with 30 users and above on application then the same query is taking 20seconds to 30 seconds. I am thinking, the issue might be related some memory and CPU usage and there could be some server settings to do parallel processing and multi threads techniques. I would really appreciate your help and reference material information.

Thanks,
    Sekhar

Bhushan Kalla
  2. Luis Martin Moderator

Did you Reindex, update statistics as part of maintenance plan?

What is you harware configuration?
    What OS and SQL with sp have you install?
    If more than one processor, how many processors did you set for parallelims?
    Did you check execution plan of that query?

Luis Martin
    SQL-Server-Performance.com

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important
    Bertrand Russell

All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

3. joechang New Member

in addition to watching query response times, also watch CPU, both overall system CPU and individual query CPU. the system from Perfmon, and query from Profiler.

for instance at 1 user, if a query takes 1 sec and 1 CPU sec, then at 30 users, there might be a queue depth of 20-30, hence the 20-30 sec time
  4. FrankKalis Moderator