SQL Server Performance

Log Shipping Backup Alert Job Fails

Discussion in 'SQL Server Log Shipping' started by carlitosway163, May 26, 2008.

1. carlitosway163 New Member

Hi,
    I set up log shipping in a single primary and single secondary configuration using the secondary server as the monitor.
    The log shipping seems to be working fine, however the Backup Alert Job keeps failing. It was automatically created by the Maintenance Plan wizard and it runs every minute.
    On the monitor server/secondary server error log i see this:
    The log shipping source #SERVER# has not backed up for 555 minutes..
    However the server is actually running the log backup just fine. The log backup on the primary server runs every 10 minutes.
    Any suggestions where the problem may be?
    Thanks
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
    What is the authentication used to connect Primary & SEcondary server?
    ALso what is the service pack level between these 2 instances?
  3. carlitosway163 New Member

both servers are using SQL Server 2000 SP4.
    I am using windows authentication, although now i'm going to try the log shipping with SQL authentication using the log_shipping_monitor_probe account.
    One of my servers is in an Active Directory domain, the other is in a workgroup so I think the problem was that i had been using Windows authentication with this configuration.
    I think the windows domain account does not have permissions to write into the log_shipping_* tables since it's not a local user account on the workgroup server.