SQL Server Performance

logshipping

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Log Shipping' started by srikanthamk, Jun 30, 2010.

1. srikanthamk New Member

hi,
    i have a question..in logshipping i had a full backup and the transaction log backup which is of 25 gb .... copy and restore is not taking place in secondary server............. space is available and also the network band width is good but the tlog is not taking place why what could be the reason ..
    plz reply me soon
    thanks and regards
  2. ghemant Moderator

What exactly is not happening, are you not able to restore the full backup on the secondary server or the t-log are not being restored on the secondary server!!
    It would be good if you can post the error message and elaborate your scenario here for better understanding!
  3. ashish287 New Member

check either you restoring the logs in the correct sequence?
    As well you might be already aware but just in case, check what time you had full backup and then log backup.Sometime your full backup take time(lets say 1 hr) and you might have scheduled the log backup(every 15 min) in between. So you need to restore the last full backup and log after full backup completed.
    Hope it helps
  4. satya Moderator

What is the database recovery model set on primary server?
    Check under SQL Server error log on more information about transaction log backups & restore side from secondary server.