SQL Server Performance

Looking for New Moderator

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by bradmcgehee, Dec 11, 2003.

1. bradmcgehee New Member

One of our previous moderators is no longer able to moderate, so if anyone is interested, please let me know. I am limiting each topic to a maximum of 4 moderators, so if there are less than 4 for a topic, you can request to become a moderator.

Thanks.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
    SQL-Server-Performance.Com
  2. ChrisFretwell New Member

What would be involved, exactly?

Chris
  3. satya Moderator

Chris

Moderator Commitment: The primary role is to moderate the forums. This responsibility includes keeping discussions on track, moving messages to appropriate threads or forums, and editing or deleting duplicate, inappropriate, or offensive messages.

_________
    Satya SKJ
  4. bradmcgehee New Member

Chris, Satya has summed it up well.

-----------------------------
    Brad M. McGehee, MVP
    Webmaster
  5. ChrisFretwell New Member

Sure, sign me up if you want. I have no idea how to move/delete threads but I'm sure I can learn.

Chris
  6. satya Moderator

Its simple.... you can do it by editing the thread where you can find an icon above [notepad with pen] and from the FORUM list choose the appropriate one, then click on [Post Changes] button which will affect the changes.

THen coming to deleting the thread find an icon [notepad with bin] symbol.

Keep in mind only post originator or moderator for that forum can delete the post. For all of these activities it will ask password to authenticate.

HTH

_________
    Satya SKJ
  7. gaurav_bindlish New Member

You may not see these options now but once you become moderator, you'll see these options in the specific forum.

Gaurav
    Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a challenging environment- L. Ron Hubbard
  8. Luis Martin Moderator

Chris:

Also you can select witch Forums do you want to moderate, according your expertise.

Luis Martin

...Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
    Bertrand Russell
  9. ChrisFretwell New Member

I think Brad is only looking for someone for the scripts forum right now, and overall, my Tsql is fairly strong. For some other things like clustering, I'm clueless and freely admit it.

I'll wait to hear back from Brad. I figured that the options would appear when necessary.

Thanks all!!!
    Chris
  10. bambola New Member

Welcome Chris!