SQL Server Performance

Maintenance plan(rebuild index) Failed

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 General DBA Questions' started by Uday Singh, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Uday Singh New Member

Hi,

The SQL Server Maintenance plan is failing :
    (
    Date 7/23/2011 3:00:01 AM
    Log Job History (XXX_RebuildIndex_MaintPlan.Rebuilding_Indexes)

Step ID 1
    Server XXXXXXX\YYYYYYYYYY
    Job Name XXX_RebuildIndex_MaintPlan.Rebuilding_Indexes
    Step Name Rebuilding_Indexes
    Duration 00:00:02
    Sql Severity 0
    Sql Message ID 0
    Operator Emailed
    Operator Net sent
    Operator Paged
    Retries Attempted 0

Executed as user: XXXXXX\ABCD. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 9.00.4035.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 3:00:01 AM Warning: 2011-07-23 03:00:03.33 Code: 0x80012017 Source: XXX_RebuildIndex_MaintPlan Description: The package path referenced an object that cannot be found: "\Package\Rebuilding_Indexes.Disable". This occurs when an attempt is made to resolve a package path to an object that cannot be found. End Warning DTExec: Could not set \Package\Rebuilding_Indexes.Disable value to false. Started: 3:00:01 AM Finished: 3:00:03 AM Elapsed: 2.013 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.
    )

# SQL Server 2005 Maintenance plan is failing since it was created, past 1 year.
    # I am able run the T-SQL script in query analyzer successfully.
    # I am getting same errors for all maintenance plan on 2 machines(Windows Server 2008) in two node (Active-Active) cluster environment.
    # Does re-registering the DTS.dll on both the nodes will resolve this issue? If yes then, Please provide the steps to re-register it on nodes in a cluster environment.
    # Is it failing due to some other reasons?

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    Did you apply the latest and last service pack for SQL2005?

You can register the DLL by simply using -
    REGSVR32 "%:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTS.dll"
    But make sure you test this on the development environment first ...

For the rebuild of indexes I suggest to use Olla's scripts - Visit ola.hallengren.com for SQL Server Maintenance Solution download which is free to download & best used.