SQL Server Performance

Maintenance Plan SSIS Packages fails on the exported server

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by itsdeshpande, Dec 11, 2008.

1. itsdeshpande New Member

Hi All,
    I have created a maintenance plan with package configurations. Exported that to a server and imported there. But, when I open the maintenance plan (either in the Management Studio or the Business Inteligence Development Studio), and try to edit, I get the below error.
    Collection cannot be null. Parameter name: c (mscorlib)
    I checked the connection string and other parameters and everything is fine. When I execute the plan too, this error is thrown.
    I traced this to be related to some post SP2 hotfixes (http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1456524&SiteID=17), but is there a work around this problem?
    Now, the need arose because, we are automating the task of migrating from SQL Server 2000 to 2005. Totally unattended and so no manual intervention. There are some maintenance plans in the earlier version, which cannot easily be migrated to 2005 maintenance plan. So, we are creating some maintenance plans on an existing (different than the one being upgraded) SQL Server 2005, and trying to export and import that plan onto the destination (the one being upgraded) server, via VBScript. We are facing big problems in the sense that there seem to be lot of cumulative hotfix packages post SP2.
    Can anyone please help here?
    Thanks a lot,
    Manoj Deshpande
  2. satya Moderator

Have you saved that package with encryption within SSIS?
    Have you saved the SSIS package to a filesystem than to a SQL Server?