SQL Server Performance

Merge Replication

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Replication' started by rangarajan_k, Oct 23, 2007.

1. rangarajan_k New Member

i am now working for a project which has been using Merge Replication for the Data Synchronization within its locations across the globe. Each Site / location updated the data to the central server. For example there are two locations “A” and “B” and all the three are in diff time zone. There is a POSSIBLE problem of overwriting of data and data corruption. If Location / site “A” has the correct data and updates the central server with the local time, due to connectivity is slow it takes a bit longer for it to update. It lags a time diff with the Location / site “B” which in turn updates the same data to the central server and the same data is pushed to the subscribers “A” and “B”. Here comes the problem. The data updated by “B” is not correct. I have planned to resolve this by having the GMT in place of the local time. I want your help how to implement GMT in the merge replication (publisher, Distributor and the Subscribers)?? I want when the data is pushed to the publisher it has go with the GMT and vice versa. Kindly help me to overcome this problem and fix for the same.
  2. techbabu303 New Member

I guess the UTC (universal time co-rdinator ) in SQL/OS server takes care of time conflicts so that when you set up merge replication on servers running in GMT it converts that equivalent time on other time zones,so need to change to other zone I guess.
    If we have to manually take care of time zones during set ups then it would be pain, intresting to know Satya's and other voices on this.
    Regards
    Sat