SQL Server Performance

(Microsoft DB2 OLE DB Provider)Data Access Mode:SQL command is stored in a variable, but can't call another variable as a parameter from SQL command i

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by Ismailc, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Ismailc New Member

Hi, I have a (Microsoft DB2 OLE DB Provider) connection.
    I tried the below query with a paramater but when i select parameters it gives error.
    Error: Parameters cannot be extracted from the SQL command. The provider might not help to parse parameter information from the command. In that case, use the "SQL command from variable" access mode, in which the entire SQL command is stored in a variable.
    Provider cannot derive parameter information and SetParameterInfo has not been called. (Microsoft DB2 OLE DB Provider)
    So I tried SQL command is stored in a variable, but can't call another variable as a parameter from SQL command is stored in a variable
    Variable Query: select DISTINCT rtrim(Code_Srce) as Code_Srce from b610clivF.SIH where SIINVD = ? (Variable Date)
    Variable Date : 20070101
    Can anyone assist please or how do i fix in order to accept parameters.
    Regards,
  2. satya Moderator

I doubt on the OLEDB provider's drivers feature in this case, probably you could try within IBM to see what is the latest driver in this case and apply to test it.
  3. Ismailc New Member

Thank You for the response.