SQL Server Performance

Microsoft Project Server 2003 Installation Issue due to SQL Server 2005

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Integration Services' started by mwaseemalvi, Dec 4, 2008.

1. mwaseemalvi New Member

Dear All
    I am installing Microsoft Project Server 2003 on my machine. I have already installed Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 on this machine. When I am installing MS Project Server 2003, it is askng to enter logon which is created on SQL Server Authentication. When I installed the SQL Server 2005, I used window authentication. But now MS project Server need SQL Authentication. If I try to create new user on SQL Server Authentication in SQL Server 2005, it give me failure error. I dont know the password of by default created users logon. If I used sa logon or I try to change password of sa Logon it also give me error. So I am still waiting and try to get solution but not getting success. Please any one about it let me know. Please tell me how can i create logon by using SQL Server Authentication in SQL Server 2005, Is possible can we integrate MS Project Server with SQL Server 2005. Please reply me ASAP.
    Regards
    M Waseem Alvi
  2. Elisabeth Redei New Member

Hi Waseem,
    You need to change the Security Mode to Mixed Mode. Connect to the SQL Server in question from SQL Server Management Studio, righ-click the server, choose Properties and then the Security Page.
    HTH
    /Elisabeth
  3. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    Unless there is a compulsory requirement to do so I wouldn't say you must change the AUTHENTICATION to MIXED from WINDOWS?
    What is the service pack level on Project server & SQL Server?
    What is the permission of SQL Server service account?
    In the past I was referred to look into project database open table msp_web_resources and check out if there is a domain name entered, and that only one user using this name.
    See this KBA http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893802 and see whether it is applicable here.