SQL Server Performance

Monitoring AS

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services' started by california6, Oct 5, 2007.

1. california6 New Member

Is there a way to see, what Queries are creeping our CPU usage on AS Server? I see a 100% usage of CPU and memory of 2.5 GB on our AS Server. When looked under proces - Image name, it points to the AS file. I dont think, we can run profiler to capture this piece of info against 2000 - AS Server.
    But i am sure, there must be some way around here to capture this info. Can somebody please suggest something?
    Thanks,
    Cali
  2. satya Moderator

3. california6 New Member

Thanks for the answer.
    I looked at the utility and i dont think, it can do what we are looking for. We are looking to see, what queries are bringing our AS CPU performance down. I see a 100% of CPU Used and 2.7 MEM used. The only way this works is to recycle the OLAP Service.
    Is there a way, we see, what queries are degrading the performance?
    Thanks,
  4. MohammedU New Member

I don't think there is any other way other than SQL profiler which can used to track AS queries in sql 2005 as mentioned...
  5. california6 New Member

Thanks for the answer.
    But we are using AS - 2000 and profiler can not be run against AS - 2000. I was wondering, what other options we have to capture the queries?
    Thanks,