SQL Server Performance

Monitoring Issues

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Performance Tuning for DBAs' started by techno_mono, Dec 18, 2008.

1. techno_mono New Member

Hi, i´m working on sql server 2005, monitoring a data base. I have the following task: to create an alarm system by mail, of events like process that take more than 3 seg and the sql server profiler detects.I´m saving the monitoring data in a table of the data base. I also have a trigger that sends the email.The issue ocurrs when the trace starts, and it seems that all the triggers are deleted, all that are related to the table where i save the data of the trace. If I create the trigger while the trace is working, it stops and sends an error.what do you recommend to do?
  2. techbabu303 New Member

Iam not great fan of SQL profiler , would prefer to run the script as maintainence task and if it fails would send a email alert to operator.
    Please try the maintainence wizard in SQL 2005 and write a query for same as SQL script , schedule a task and mention during failure to send email.
    You would require outlook mail client installed on server to get mail out.

3. techno_mono New Member

Thanks, I try to do what you say.
  4. satya Moderator

May I know the purpose of this monitoring for just 3 users or more?
  5. techno_mono New Member

The purspose is to have an alarm system for 3 users only. it must sends mails