SQL Server Performance

Moving Report histories

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services' started by Fais, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Fais New Member

Hi all,
    I have a primary source report in folder_one. From this folder_one, i created a linked report in folder_two .
    The report in folder_one has a history of 10 days (i.e.) 10 history reports. But, when i created the linked report in folder_two, i did not got those histories from folder_one.
    Can anybody tell me, how can i get those histories from folder_one to folder_two.
    Thanks.
  2. satya Moderator

As per the BOL:
    To view or manage report history, use Report Manager or Management Studio. You can view report history through the tabbed History page that appears when you navigate to a report in Report Manager, or through the History folder that opens below a report in Management Studio.
    Any user who has access to a report can view report history for that report. These permissions are provided by the "View reports" task. You can only view report history for one report at a time. You cannot view in one place all the history of all reports stored in the report server database.
    You can manage report history by setting properties that determine how report history is created and stored. You can set properties at the server level or for individual reports. Managing report history is supported through the "Manage report history" task. For more information, see /msdn.microsoft.com/mshelp" />Configuring Report History Properties.
  3. Fais New Member

Satya,
    I wanted to know,when we linked a report, how to retain the Report Histories in the new linked report also.
    Thanks.
  4. satya Moderator

Not sure how to achieve but you could dig out more if you can read through updated books online for SQL 2005.