SQL Server Performance

Multiple query result set

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by lara99, Sep 4, 2008.

1. lara99 New Member

hi all i have a questio nabout ssms, is there a way to see multiple resultset when we execute some query lets say i executed a selectstatement after
    the result is there is the result pane can i execute the other query and have the previous result set active instead of getting it wiped out.
    thanks in advance.
  2. Madhivanan Moderator

You can execute multilple select statement simultaneously
    SELECT 1
    SELECT 2
    Highlight both and execute
  3. atulmar New Member

No. If I get it right. The functionality you are asking for is not available in SSMS.
  4. Madhivanan Moderator

[quote user="atulmar"]No. If I get it right. The functionality you are asking for is not available in SSMS.[/quote]
    In SSMS, click New Query in the tool bar and run the queries
  5. preethi Member

This facility is there for along time. (At least for the last 11+ years). As Madhivanan correctly mentioned Simply type all the queries in a new query window (or highlight them only if you have more queries) and execute.
    This is facility is there in SQL 2008 too.
  6. Madhivanan Moderator

[quote user="preethi"]
    This facility is there for along time. (At least for the last 11+ years). As Madhivanan correctly mentioned Simply type all the queries in a new query window (or highlight them only if you have more queries) and execute.
    This is facility is there in SQL 2008 too.
    [/quote]
    Many newbies dont relaise that many features are integrated with SSMS [:)]
  7. atulmar New Member

I guess the expectation is keeping one result alive, and executing other queries, while previous result should not go away.
  8. Madhivanan Moderator

[quote user="atulmar"]I guess the expectation is keeping one result alive, and executing other queries, while previous result should not go away.[/quote]
    I dont think that is possible until you use multiple query windows
  9. preethi Member

.. or copy the previosu results to Excel.
    Excel and SQL Management Studio work closely where you can copy the results and the heading from Management studio to excel.
  10. Madhivanan Moderator

Question to OP
    Why do you want to do this?