SQL Server Performance

New articles

Discussion in 'Please Tell Us What You Think' started by preethi, Jan 24, 2010.

1. preethi Member

I do not see much new articles in this site now. Is there any particular reason for that?
    I believe the site should encourage writers to write on wide range of topics.- Not only on performance and clustering.
  2. MohammedU New Member

May be writers need $$$ [;)] and admin needs to encourage new writers....
  3. preethi Member

Agreed. From what I read, SSP.com pays only on articles related to performance and clustering. May be they need to extend further. (I believe they would have extended it already. But the Write to us page still says that they will pay for articles on those areas only)
  4. FrankKalis Moderator

Just contact the webmaster. I would think that Jude is open for good quality content anytime. I just think that fewer people are willing to write these days.
  5. Luis Martin Moderator

[quote user="FrankKalis"]
    Just contact the webmaster. I would think that Jude is open for good quality content anytime. I just think that fewer people are willing to write these days.
    [/quote]
    Agree.
  6. admin Guest

One problem with content is that is tends to come in bursts, we had about 3-5 articles per month going live the last half of 2009. The end of the year and the start of the end are always very slow as authors are busy and have other commitments, normally I try build a backlog to compensate but that wasn't possible this year.
    The central problem is always that writing articles is always a distant second to the author's full time job and so a few authors who happens to be busy at the same time results in low submissions for a period.
    Hopefully we should have a couple of articles going live in the next 10 days.
    Would love to hear if you would consider writing articles, please just drop me a line at editor@sql-server-performance.com.
  7. preethi Member

Thank you guys for all your input, I wanted to receive the views of others too.
    I am not a good writer, even though I have written a couple of articles, but I will try to write.
    Thanks Again.
  8. FrankKalis Moderator

[quote user="preethi"]
    I am not a good writer, even though I have written a couple of articles, but I will try to write.
    [/quote]
    I guess only very few people are born as "good writers". It certainly is a worthwhile experience.
  9. admin Guest

Full articles are usually a bit intimidating but often tips, FAQ's or short form articles are much easier to write and still very interesting to uses.
    (Btw, first article of the year due to go live tomorrow).
  10. preethi Member

Thank you Sir.
  11. satya Moderator

Please share your articles here, even I have started just like that .. after 2 or 3 you will get to know how to go about it, for a starter you could even go thru few articles ranging from 2005 onwards on this site.
    I would encourage you in all aspects....
    [quote user="preethi"]
    Thanks Again.
    [/quote]
  12. dineshasanka Moderator

I have partially written two articles,
    1. Copy Only Database Backup
    2. Data Analysing with Excel (Too large , I might break this to two articles)
    will send them once they are reviewed with next couple of days