SQL Server Performance

Discussion in 'SQL Server 2008 General Developer Questions' started by Anand.A, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Anand.A New Member

hi,

what is d use of sharepoint integration mode in sql server 2008 version..
    in reporting service configuration manager the default service is native when i change that in sharepoint integration mode what is the use of that

plz can u help me

2. satya Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
    I believe you need to take time in referring to SQL Server 2008 R2 books online which si installed by default when you select to install the SQL Server server or tools, otherwise you can freely get it from Microsoft downloads site such as http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms166018.aspx for your reference, see what I copied from BOL here:

Reporting Services supports two levels of integration with SharePoint products. Full integration is supported through the SharePoint integrated mode deployment scenario. Partial integration is supported through a pair of Web Parts that you install on a SharePoint site and point to a remote report server instance.
    • SharePoint integrated mode enables Reporting Services to integrate with the SharePoint databases and security model. These features become available when you configure a report server to run within a larger deployment of a SharePoint 3.0 product or technology. This mode requires additional software and configuration; you download and install an add-in component, create a report server database to store cross-server content and application data, and configure integration settings on both servers. This mode requires that you dedicate a report server instance for integrated operations. The advantage of doing this is a rich level of integration that allows you to access and manage report server content types using the application pages and data stores of a SharePoint Web application. For more information, see Configuring Reporting Services for SharePoint 2010 Integration.
    • Partial integration is supported through the Report Explorer and Report Viewer Web Parts that were first introduced in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Service Pack 2. These Web Parts continue to be available and enable you to select and view reports from a report server that is configured to use native mode.